Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Water Splitting by Sandy Penny


Hope for the Future: Water Splitting
By Sandy Penny . July 2012

“The Future Belongs to Those who Believe in the Beauty of their Dreams.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Many say the optimists are naive Pollyannas who can’t see what’s going on in the world. I say the pessimists can’t see what’s going on in the world. If we allow the fear-based negativity to take over our lives, we cannot create the new world that futurists say is possible. In honor of what’s good in the world, I’d like to call attention to some of the latest technological and social developments that say we’re moving in the right direction. So, I've created this blog to share the insights I get and the manifestations that show up.

About 10 years ago, I asked in meditation how we could solve the energy crisis without destroying the world. I was told to look at the plants. They use photosynthesis to create themselves from air, water and light. Cars and houses can be run the same way. I didn’t understand how that could work, but I was confident that someone would. I asked a few technologists and engineers about it, but no one had any insight at that time. 

Water Splitting . Hope for the Future

Last year, I was perusing Youtube videos and came across one from MIT detailing the solution to the world’s energy problems in the next ten years. A small water bottle could run your entire house and an Olympic size swimming pool could provide enough energy to run the whole world. Water splitting is the process. It uses photosynthesis to split the water molecule and make the hydrogen available as fuel. It uses such a small amount of water that it defeats the objections that water shortages will prevent the use of hydro-powered options. It also solves the battery storage problem as it is constantly available and needs no battery. 

As soon as I saw the video, I knew this was what I had been shown but didn’t understand. As is often the case, the idea is already fully formed before the inventors create the physical representation of it.
Here’s the link to the video explanation from MIT, Dr. Dan Nocera, “Personalized Energy”: http://youtu.be/KTtmU2lD97o.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your valuable comments, but please don't spam my comments section. I moderate all comments before they are posted. Thank you.